25 Paid Book iPhone Apps
The list below represents
the Top 25 Book iPhone Apps, as reported
by Apple. The most popular iPhone Apps
will show up in this list and change
frequently so bookmark this page and
check back often!
McSweeney?s is an independent publishing house based in San Francisco. Our converted laundromat is home to the Quarterly (mostly short fiction), the Believer (monthly interviews, reviews, columns, and essays), Wholphin (DVD quarterly of short films by Miranda July, Spike Jonze, Alexander Payne, and others), and books by authors including Nick Hornby, William Vollmann, and Michael Chabon.
You can now enjoy all this on trains, during lunch, and through all the other empty gaps in a day ? moments of solitude, moments of togetherness, moments of intolerable boredom ? via our newest tendril: the Small Chair, a weekly sampler from all branches of the McSweeney?s family. One week we might send a story from the upcoming Quarterly, the next week an interview from the Believer, the next a short film from a future Wholphin. Occasionally, it might be a song, an art portfolio, who knows. Early contributors will include Spike Jonze, Wells Tower, Chris Ware, and Jonathan Ames. This material will not be available online and is pretty sure to be good stuff.
You will receive a Push Notification when new content is ready, and you can extend your subscription at any time with In App Purchase features. The app will also give you the daily humor from our Internet Tendency (www.mcsweeneys.net), specially formatted for the iPhone, along with news, updates, and announcements.
Your app purchase includes the first six months of weekly excitement -- a half-year of surprises, all delivered straight to your pocket.
© 2009 McSweeney's and Russell Quinn
Tips & Tricks - The Ultimate Guide to iPhone Secrets OS3.0 & 3GS Edition
iPhone mastery for less than a coffee.
"The Best $.99 App I have purchased" (USA)
COMMENTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD:
- "I thought I was an IPhone power user till I bought this app. A must have." (USA)
- "Reads well, easy to use, great user interface and useful information that saves time!" (UK)
- "Superb presentation & content. Well done!" (Canada)
- "Great tips, easy to follow and beautifully presented" (UK)
- "The tips on this app are great" (Ireland)
- "Awesome application! Definitely would recommend to all users with an iPhone!" (South Africa)
- "These are very useful tips.. Every iPhone user must have this" (Malaysia)
- "Perfect program for new users of iPhone & iPod touch!" (Croatia)
"I'm very impressed. Tremendously helpful. Well presented and well done overall. A very handy set of tips and tricks right there on the iPhone." - JustAnotheriPhoneBlog.com
"I run several iPhone-related websites but I was pretty surprised to find several items that were genuinely new to me" - iPhoneAppReviews.net
"I learnt some stuff, and I?m on the iPhone every day constantly" - TheAppPodcast.com
ABOUT THE APP:
Bite-sized Tips for Busy People: Learn hidden shortcuts, how to fix your phone and maximize your battery life. Learn Tips & Tricks to increase your typing speed and a heap of secret features to wow other iPhone & iPod Touch owners.
- Hidden features that'll have you typing at keyboard speeds!
- How to keep you data safe and secure
- How to speed up Web-browsing
- Take screenshots of your phone's display
- How to maximize battery life
- And more...
ABOUT THE E-READER:
Looks & feels like a real book!
iPhone Tips is carefully constructed to suit the iPhone perfectly. Our animated, classics-style interface allows you to intuitively flip through the pages. No Amazon Kindle required!
Calling all iPhone gurus:
In the unlikely event that you find you knew all the tips already, please get in touch via e-mail. We'll put your name in a "Hall of fame" in a future update.
Note for iPod Touch owners:
The vast majority of tips apply equally to the iPod Touch, there are just 5 tips that are specific to the iPhone.
© 2009 - Intelligenti Publishing
The Love Dare: The 40 Dares sends The Love Dare?s daily marriage-strengthening action points directly to your iPhone along with a checklist.
Application features include:
* Full text searches on Bibles, including Boolean and complex searches
* Scripture references in the text may be tapped to see the full text of the Bible verse in a pop-up box. Pop-ups are scrollable to view the verse in context.
* The book and Bible are stored on the device. An Internet connection is not necessary.
* Quickly navigate The 40 Dares via the table of contents.
* Quickly navigate the included Bible by book, chapter, and verse.
* Reading in portrait or landscape mode
* Font face and size may be customized
* Words of Christ in red (or customized)
* Customizable color scheme for Scripture pop-up boxes
* Additional Bible translations may be purchased for use with the scripture-link feature in this eBook.
* A planned update will add the ability to create a note tied to the text of The 40 Dares or a Bible verse.
Published by B&H Publishing Group - www.bhpublishinggroup.com
Powered by Olive Tree Bible Software - www.olivetree.com
© 2009 Olive Tree Bible Software, Inc
AS SEEN ON TV! Classics is now featured in Apple's iPhone TV commercial, "Read".
Escape into some of the greatest stories ever written.
Experience digital reading in a way that is so natural, and so obvious, it just feels right.
It begins with a collection of over a dozen hand-picked, literary masterpieces?
? *NEW* Through the Looking-Glass (ILLUSTRATED)
? *NEW* The Odyssey
? *NEW* The Art of War
? *NEW* The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
? *NEW* The Illiad
? *NEW* The Count of Monte Cristo
? *NEW* Frankenstein
? Treasure Island
? Pride & Prejudice
? A Christmas Carol (ILLUSTRATED)
? Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (ILLUSTRATED)
? Gulliver's Travels
? The Time Machine
? The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
? The Call of the Wild
? Flatland (ILLUSTRATED)
? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
? Robinson Crusoe
? The Jungle Book
? The Metamorphosis
? Paradise Lost
? Hound of the Baskervilles
? More books coming via free app updates!
"You get the feeling of actually reading a book" - Jim Dalrymple, Macworld
? An intuitive and elegantly designed reading experience with realistic 3D page flips that track to your finger. You can even drag a bit to take a peek at the next page, or finish reading a sentence as you start turning!
? Flick up and down in your virtual bookcase to view your collection, tap a book to open, and tap and hold to drag and sort your books
? Tap the table of contents button on the top right for quick navigation between chapters
? View how far you are in a book at a glance with a subtle progress display integrated into the top bar
? Classics automatically remembers your place with a satin bookmark when exiting the app or book
? Options to toggle 'page flip' animation to a more minimal 'slide', and to turn the page flip sound off and on can be found in your iPhone's settings application
"You're really getting a much nicer book experience? it's a gorgeous program." - Leo Laporte, MacBreak Weekly
(1/01/09, Note from the creators): It's hard to believe it's only been two swift months since our initial release! So far, over 100,000 happy customers and buzz from sites like Macworld, Ars Technica, MacRumors, TUAW and Wired's Cult of Mac have helped Classics become the #1 selling app for two straight months in the books category of the App Store. A huge thanks for your continued support, and look for more frequent content updates over the near future. :)
© 2008-2009 Andrew Kaz & Phill Ryu
** Allows for offline playback **
Whether you are stuck in traffic, waiting for your connection, cramming for that English test, or just relaxing on your sofa, Audiobooks provides your most beloved audiobooks at the touch of your finger.
Listen to over 1,800 audiobooks totally free. Audiobooks is a brand new way to access all your favorite audiobooks on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Starting with the immense library of the Librivox Project and growing every day, this application gives you free access to over 9,800 hours worth of audiobooks.
- A simple, easy to operate interface
- Automatic bookmarking to keep track of your place for you
- Browse and Search for books by Author or Title
- DOWNLOAD the audiobooks to your device for offline playback
The recording used in this application is taken from the LibriVox project. This project has volunteers from around the world record their favorite classic books and then release them for the world to enjoy.
THANK YOU for all your feedback of our Audiobooks apps. We are working hard to continue improving this app. Look for a flurry of exciting new updates in the coming weeks/months!
Brought to you by the makers of Traveling Classics -- premium audiobook apps. Find out more at www.travelingclassics.com
© 2009 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
The Holy Bible King James Version
-This is a paid version of the Holy Bible
we would like to thank everyone for raving reviews of our King James Version of Holy Bible
-We have included the following improvements in new version:
-Search Complete Holy Bible
-Record Audio Notes
We have priced it at $0.99 for all to enjoy!
The Authorized King James Version is an English translation of the Christian Bible begun in 1604 and first published in 1611 by the Church of England. The Great Bible was the first "authorized version" issued by the Church of England in the reign of King Henry VIII.
-Read it anywhere no Internet needed
-Opens to last spot read
-Search with Highlight
-Organized into Books & Chapters
-If you have iPhone 3.0 Software you can Copy and Paste your favorite scriptures and send via SMS, Email or post into your blog,Face or MySpace page, or however you want to share the word :)
© Widemedia, LLC
Find and listen to audiobooks on the iPhone and iPod Touch streaming or offline. We offer over 2,300 FREE audiobooks.
WHAT WE HEARD...
"great source of content for my iPhone"
"more ways to find good content quickly"
"I love audiobooks and I love using this app to listen to them"
--Kim B. from twitter
*Browse by author, genre, alphabetically, most popular, new books and more.
*Stream books or download chapters over wifi, 3G or EDGE
*Preview books before downloading
*Intuitive iPhone interface
Here is a short list of just some of the books.
* The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
* Aesop's Fables
* Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
* The Art of War
* Beyond Good and Evil
* The Count of Monte Cristo
* Edgar Allan Poe Poems
* Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions
* The Jungle Book
* Moby Dick, or the Whale
* Pride and Prejudice
* Robinson Crusoe
* A Tale of Two Cities
* The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
* more at audiobookplayer.net
© Sokirynsky Inc.
Ah, to describe an app in a two word title...
Free Books is just that- Free Books! We make the great books of history available for FREE.
23,469 books, the pillars of human literature, from Shakespeare to Cicero to Mark Twain, provided without cost- on your iPhone OR on your computer!
Free Books unlocks a world of public domain content, allowing you to acquire the great books of all human history, free. Letters of leaders, the collected works of geniuses, the finest Victorian novels, the plays of Shakespeare, the philosophy of Seneca and Socrates, the autobiographies of Marcus Aurelius and Andrew Carnegie. It's all here, along with tens of thousands of other books. And all, might we belabor the point, absolutely free.
To get these books it really is as simple as a tap- in seconds you'll be reading with our lightning fast, built-in eReader. Done reading? No worries- we'll save your place with automatic bookmarking! Or, alternatively, we can email it to you in PDF form, that way you can read on your computer. Either way, the book is yours to read anywhere, on anything.
Free Books represents something new in the whole of human history- it's knowledge unleashed, no printing costs, no limits, no restrictions.
23,469 of the greatest books in human history, accessible with the tap of your finger. Free.
If you have any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com- that's what we're here for!
Also, we've had a few questions about pricing- to be clear, all books are free! Once you pay for the application every single piece of content within the application is free- unlike a lot of other apps we aren't a store, we're a buffet, and the app purchase is your wristband to pig out on shrimp. And by shrimp, we mean books like, you know, Shakespeare. Tasty, tasty morsels of Shakespeare.
* Free Books requires internet access to download books, but after you download them you can read anywhere- online or off!
© 2009 Spreadsong, Inc.
iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 Required. Do not update this app if you have not updated your device.
The new Tecarta Bible is the premier iPhone Bible application designed specifically for Bible study, quick navigation and easy note taking. This application combines the Bible with powerful, built-in features such as integrated note-taking, bookmarking, search, navigation, copy and paste and email all into one application. No other application matches the design and functionality of the Tecarta Bible.
Each application comes with a single translation of the Bible. You may stream or download via in-app purchase the other available translations.
King James Version
Additional translations will be coming shortly.
- No internet connection required
- Integrated note taking allows for quick flipping between the Bible and notes
- 3.0 Copy and paste
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry into search bar or verse picker
- Shaker generates random verse by shaking verse picker
- Full-text search can be by OT, NT or current book
- Notes and Bookmarks can be stored in folders
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Cross references by double tapping underlined words in the NIV and TNIV
- NIV and TNIV are red letter editions
© 2009 Tecarta, Inc.
"The Little Red Hen" ? Animated storybook
The first of its kind ? animated narrated storybook app. Listed on the App Store under 'What's Hot'!
Delightfully illustrated and narrated animated storybook of the classic children's story, the Little Red Hen. Your story includes bells and whistles (or more accurately, clucks, squeaks and barks).
For generations this classic tale has entertained kids and helped them understand the value of hard work and personal initiative. The child you love will love this story too.
You can read it to your child, or she can listen to it in English, Spanish and Cantonese.
A big thank you to the people who have downloaded this app and written in to tell us how much they've enjoyed it. We look forward to bringing you more great stories soon.
If you like it, please help us spread the word by telling your friends. Thank you! :-)
"???" ? ?????
???????? ? ?????????,???App Store?? ?What's Hot???!
"La Gallinita Colorada" ? Cuento animado
La primera en su género ? una app de un cuento narrado y animado. ¡Mencionado en 'What's Hot' en la App Store!
El cuento clásico de La Gallinita Colorada, está encantadoramente ilustrado y narrado. El cuento incluye pitos y trompetas (o mejor dicho, chirridos, cloqueos y ladridos).
Por generaciones, éste cuento clásico ha entretenido a niños y les ha ayudado a comprender el valor del trabajo y la iniciativa. A tu niño o niña le encantará. Podrás leérselo o escucharlo en Español, Inglés y Cantonés.
Muchas gracias a todos aquellos que han comprado esta aplicación y escrito para decirnos cuanto les ha gustado. Estamos trabajando en traerles más cuentos pronto.
© 2009 Stepworks Company Limited
There are a ton of "Classics" applications out there so why should you buy ours? We think you should buy it because it will save you time and it will provide you with the best possible reading experience on the iPhone or iPod Touch. Check out what our satisfied customers have to say in the reviews and if you are not convinced then please download one of our many free apps and find out why people love the iFlow Reader. This collection comes with 200 carefully selected Classics and they are all ready to read so you won't have to waste a single minute searching for and downloading books online. It is always ready to go, anytime and anyplace!
* Aesop's Fables
* Arabian Nights
* Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
* Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
* Emma, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
* Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
* Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
* A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, Little Dorrit, and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
* Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
* The Adventure of the Devil's Foot, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles, and The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
* The Count of Monte Cristo, The Man in the Iron Mask, and The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
* Howards End, A Room with a View, and Where Angels Fear to Tread by E. M. Forster
* The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
* The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
* The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London
* The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels
* Moby Dick by Herman Melville
* Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, and Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery
* Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
* The Age of Reason and Common Sense by Thomas Paine
* The Republic by Plato
* The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
* Dracula by Bram Stoker
* Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
* The Art of War by Sun Tzu
* Walden by Henry David Thoreau
* Anna Karenina and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain
* 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, A Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
* The Invisible Man, The Island of Doctor Moreau, The Time Machine, and The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
* The Age of Innocence and Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
* Happy Prince and Other Tales, and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
* To see the complete list of books, visit http://www.beamitdown.com/150-plus-great-books.html
The BeamItDown Book Collection uses a very different approach to reading that is absolutely ideal for the screen of the iPhone and iPod Touch. Other reader applications display the text of the book you are reading in individual pages. The number of words that can be displayed on the screen at one time is determined by the size of the font used. This forces you to choose between reading with a very small font size or using a large font and changing pages every few seconds. The problem is that reading with a very small font induces eye strain, while frequent paging disrupts concentration.
The BeamItDown iFlow Reader solves this problem by using an entirely new approach to reading. Instead of paging, the BeamItDown iFlow Reader scrolls text much like a teleprompter. Large, easy to read text scrolls by smoothly as you read. The precise scrolling speed is controlled by subtly tilting the device, which quickly becomes very intuitive and natural. You can personalize your reading experience by selecting the paper color, text color, text size, and the font that you prefer to create a truly enjoyable reading experience.
- "iFlow Reader" is a trademark of BeamItDown Software.
© 2008 BeamItDown Software LLC
"Arguably the most realistic book app yet."
? 3D animation lets you ?turn? pages, mimicking real books
? Each title displayed on a custom-designed book spine
? Lovingly typeset using techniques for quality printed books
? Choice of three text sizes
See it in action in the video demo on the GizReader website. (www.gizreader.com)
A Masterpiece Collection on GizReader was created by and for lovers of books. You can now enjoy many of the best qualities of real books, on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Each title has its own richly designed spine. From its thickness you can tell whether a book is short, long or in between.
Selecting your read is like running your finger down the pile of books on your bedside table. Only this one won?t overbalance. GizReader highlights your last read title if you quit while reading.
Choose a book and lose yourself almost instantly in the story. GizReader is quick. Its type is crisp and clear, beautifully set for reading pleasure.
Each book?s formatting is checked and polished, with reference where necessary to multiple sources.
Pages turn realistically, the edges following your finger, with a satisfying flip sound. (Unless you turn the sound off.)
When you return to a book, GizReader remembers your place, even if you have changed the text size. (Three font sizes are selectable in your iPhone?s Settings App.) You can also see from the progress bar where you are in the story.
The app includes some of the world?s most loved masterpieces. This collection will grow over time, and will become available via free updates to this app.
?The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
?The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
?The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
?Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
?The Call of the Wild by Jack London
?The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
?The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Other Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
?David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
?Emma by Jane Austen
?Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
?Gulliver?s Travels by Jonathan Swift
?The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
?The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
?The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
?Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
?The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
?Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
?The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
?The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
? The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
?The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
?North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
?Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
?Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
?The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
?The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
?The Return of Tarzan by Edgar Rice Burroughs
?Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
?Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
?The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
?A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
?Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
?The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
?Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
© 2009 CodingArt Pty Ltd
To provide the best Bible reading experience NIV with BibleReader was created using iPhone OS 3.0 software. You will need to update to iPhone OS 3.0 before installing this software.
Explore the NIV with BibleReader, a full-featured application for reading and Bible study.
Over 320 resources for BibleReader are available from www.olivetree.com.
3-touch Verse Chooser takes you to the exact Bible verse you're searching for. Continuous Scrolling means uninterrupted reading?no buttons to press at the end of the chapter. Word Search offers quick results, hyperlinked for one-touch navigation. Bibles and other works are stored on the device, so you don't need a continuous Internet connection.
© Olive Tree Bible Software, Inc
*** Special Limited Time Back 2 School pricing, 50% off, only $0.99 ***
Welcome to iStoryTime, a library of narrated children?s books for the iPhone?
iStoryTime brings the joy of a kids' book to the convenience of your iPhone or iPod® touch. iStoryTime books are illustrated and narrated, so your child can enjoy the book even when you?re busy. Best of all, the app is drop-dead simple to use because it?s actually designed for kids 2-years and up.
Pages can be turned automatically or manually depending on the age and preference of the user. And you can choose the style of narration ? an adult voice, child voice or none at all.
Waiting for dinner to come at a restaurant? Long airplane or train trip? Need ten more minutes to finish the grocery shopping? Hand your kid iStoryTime and let us read to them. With iStoryTime you?ll always have a great book on hand to entertain and educate the kids, rather than resorting to movies or video games.
- Automatic navigation and narration make it incredibly simple to use
- Narration options: Kids voice, adult voice or silent for self reading
- Automatic or manual page turn
- Onscreen text helps beginning readers make associations between the words they hear and see
ABOUT THIS STORY
Binky the Pink Elephant Binky is the story of an elephant whose journey teaches her that being different can also be admirable.
Written by Sonowa Jackson. Illustrated by Jaclyn Mednicov. Narrated by Jen Muench and Laci Kay.
CHECK OUT THE LIBRARY OF ISTORYTIME BOOKS (sold separately):
- Shoe-per Duper Shoes Written by Woody Sears. Illustrated by Zach Sather.
- The Wiener Dog Magnet Written and illustrated by Hayes Roberts
- The Brave Monkey Pirate Written and illustrated by Hayes Roberts
- Lots more titles to come... keep your 'i' on iStoryTime, we're just getting started.
We hope you and your child enjoy iStoryTime books. We'd love to hear your feedback, comments or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Topics: kids books, kids entertainment, education, reading, fun, kids travel apps
© 2009 FrogDogMedia LLC
TO DOWNLOAD FREE COMICS
You can find ALL of the FREE COMICS available in the App by navigating to FEATURED--TOP TITLES -- TOP FREE TITLES.
New Comics will be released by iVerse in the iVerse Comics app EVERY WEEK! HUNDREDS of Comics are currently "In Review" and will be available soon! Updates to individual apps will be forthcoming as well, allowing you to upgrade your previous comic purchases into iVerse Comics for FREE.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"This is what digital comics should be!"
-georgebushjr (App Store Review)
- Jim in Frisco (App Store Review)
"Folks, you know I don't advertise, but I LOVE this."
- @FunwithHeadline (Twitter)
ABOUT THE APP
iVerse Media is proud to present the next generation of digital comics for iPhone and iPod touch!
30 titles are available for download FREE within the Application - with almost 100 titles available in the store, with many more soon to be approved! Each comic has been formatted to fit the iPhone screen - no spinning, flipping, or zooming required!
iVerse Comics is a comic book store in your pocket! Get the best selection of titles available anywhere inside one app - featuring iVerse Media's new patent pending enhanced reading experience.
Shop for titles in a familiar, easy to use store interface, view your collection on your virtual book shelf, find more titles from your favorite publishers and more!
Featuring Titles from the Best Publishers in the Industry Including:
Red 5 Comics
PLUS - Several new Publishing Partners will be announced over the next few weeks - STAY TUNED!
FIND US ONLINE
© TM and Copyright 2009 iVerse Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
SPECIAL SALE! Get Self Help Classics NOW, for only one quarter of the normal price! That's more than 15 life changing self help masterpieces for the price of one subway ticket!
Self Help Classics is an amazing and unique ebook pack(no internet connection needed), collecting some of the best works about leadership, motivation, success and self improvement available in the public domain(15 so far included, more will follow in future updates).
This was the most downloaded iPhone ebook pack in the US, Canada and UK App Stores during January and February. Now it includes 15 classic Self Help masterpieces, more than double of the original content!
Some of the raving reviews we got on AppStore:
* These titles should be in everybodys library and to have them grouped together in one place is wonderful!!! Bravo
* ...an amazing app, well priced and worth every cent. The selection of books are very well chosen! New additions are a welcome surprise.
* Awesome.... No need to buy the secret... The secret is based off these books!!! And u get them all for less than it would cost to buy one book.... Best app I ever bought
* Using it daily! It keeps impressing me by adding new titles weekly/monthly. Great interface!
If you want to improve yourself and your life, if you want to learn the law of attraction or the secrets of famous billionaires, get this app now and be amazed, like our other tens of thousands of happy customers.
So far included:
* "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill - the biggest seller of Hill's books, selling over 20 million copies worldwide, and probably the most successful motivational book in history
* "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles - has been cited by the author of the bestselling The Secret as a primary source
* "The Master Key System" by Charles F. Haanel - developer of the Law of Attraction theory, which has been acknowledged as one of the primary sources for The Secret.
* Benjamin Franklin's "The Way to Wealth" - a famous essay written in 1758 for the Poor Richard's Almanac
* "The Art of Public Speaking" By Dale Carnegie and Joseph Berg Esenwein's - a best-seller in all its re-editions, since 1915 to the present, teaching you the art of how to express yourself to convince and influence others
* "Acres of Diamonds| by Russell H. Conwell - one of the most successful motivational speeches in its times
* "ART OF MONEY GETTING" aka "Golden Rules for Making Money" by P. T. Barnum, the first and most controversial American show-biz millionaire
* "As a Man Thinketh" - the most famous of the works of James Allen
* "Creative Mind" by Ernest Shurtleff Holmes
* "Certain Success", by Norval Hawkins - a practical book about personal branding and success by the sales wizard of the 1920's.
* Several essays by Albert Einstein, on the science, mind and spirit
* "Self-Reliance" by Ralph Waldo Emerson - a world famous book
* "The Game of Life and How to Play it" by Florence Scovel Shinn
* "Dynamic Thought" by H.T. Hamblin - a practical course in mastering the Law of Attraction
* "Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie" - the autobiography of America's first self made billionaire
Powered by TouchBooksReader, an ergonomic and user friendly iPhone ebook reader framework, with full HTML content of carefully picked typography for elegance and readability.
Our reader is extremely intuitive, ergonomic and user friendly, making the most of your screen and with most functionality on the tips of your fingers.
You can easily bookmark, autobookmark, increase font size, autoscroll contents or jump to next/previous chapters.
© 2008-2009 Alex Brie
The largest comic library with the reader that Wired.com says "solves the problem of reading comics on the small screen."
50+ free high-quality comics in app!
The largest iPhone comic book library with over 250 comics, including The Walking Dead, exclusively!
You haven't experienced comics like this before ? with genres from superhero to "slice of life" to horror, everyone can find a comic they'll enjoy.
"Comixology may have solved the problem of reading comics on the small screen" - Wired.com
"Comics by comiXology will no doubt transform the comic book industry quickly and permanently" - Examiner.com
An iPhone comic store and reader in your hand! Download 40+ free comic books, and shop through over a hundred more!
The only comic book reader with comiXology's patent pending Guided View, where the entire comic page is left intact, and you are guided through a dynamically masked, iPhone-friendly view of the panels.
New titles are added as quickly as possible - the goal is weekly.
? AdHouse Books (Zig Zag, Skyscrapers of the Midwest, etc)
? Arcana Comics (Clockwork Girl, Kade, Ezra)
? Asylum Press (Fearless Dawn, etc.)
? Bluewater Comics (Vincent Price Presents, William Shatner's TekWar, etc.)
? Com.X (Cla$$war, Path)
? Creative Impulse (Justice for Hire)
? Digital Webbing (Fist of Justice)
? eigoMANGA (Sakkura Pak vs. Rumble Pak)
? Evil Twin Comics (Action Philosophers)
? First Salvo (Contract)
? Image Comics (Mage, Walking Dead, Madman, Guerillas, etc.)
? AAM/Markosia (Midnight Kiss)
? Moonstone (Buckaroo Banzai, Captain Action, etc.)
? Red 5 (Atomic Robo, Abyss, Neozoic)
? Slave Labor Graphics (SLG) (Nightmares and Fairy Tales, etc.)
? Th3rd World Studios (The Stuff of Legend)
? Zenescope (Return to Wonderland, Sinbad)
As well as many creator-owned titles!
© Iconology, Inc.
The Lost Symbol
September 15, 2009
Dan Brown's new novel, the eagerly awaited follow-up to his #1 international phenomenon, The Da Vinci Code, which was the bestselling hardcover adult novel of all time with 81 million copies in print worldwide, will be published in the U.S. and Canada by Doubleday on September 15, 2009.
THE LOST SYMBOL will have a first printing of 5 million copies, and it will once again feature Dan Brown's unforgettable protagonist, Robert Langdon. Brown's longtime editor, Jason Kaufman, Vice President and Executive Editor at Doubleday said, "Nothing ever is as it first appears in a Dan Brown novel. This book's narrative takes place in a twelve-hour period, and from the first page, Dan's readers will feel the thrill of discovery as they follow Robert Langdon through a masterful and unexpected new landscape. THE LOST SYMBOL is full of surprises."
Dan Brown's popularity continues to grow. The film of The Da Vinci Code was a #1 box office smash when it was released by Columbia Pictures in May 2006 with Ron Howard directing and Tom Hanks starring as Robert Langdon. Box office receipts were $758 million. The same team will release Angels and Demons theatrically worldwide on May 15, 2009.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience, making it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy books.
- Attractive interface provides a natural reading experience with full pagination.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
About Random House
Random House, Inc., the world?s largest English-language trade book publisher, publishes many of the foremost and most popular fiction and nonfiction authors in hardcover, trade and mass market paperback, audio, electronic, digital and other formats. Random House, Inc. (www.randomhouse.com) is the U.S. division of Random House, the book division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the world?s leading media companies. Random House, Inc. has won the most major awards of any publishing company, including the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, and the Newbery Medal. Among the dozens of Random House, Inc. publishing divisions and imprints in the U.S. are the Bantam Dell Publishing Group, the Crown Publishing Group, the Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, the Knopf Publishing Group, Fodor?s Travel Guides, Random House Children?s Books, the Random House Publishing Group, and the Random House Audio Publishing Group. Random House?s publishing companies in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, and Korea are publishing leaders in their territories.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at email@example.com before you post a review.
© 2009 Dan Brown
?? NEW VERSION 1.3 ??
10 New Decadent Desserts!
Thanks for over 150,000+ worldwide downloads of Easy Recipes and Pocket Cocktails.
Books with color food and drink recipes can cost $20 or more and can't fit in your pocket. Easy Recipes is your ultimate portable recipe guide. Our app contains no annoying banner ads.
? AppCraver's ?Editor's Pick?
? Full Screen studio quality photos of every recipe
? Works on both iPhone and iPod Touch
? No Internet Connection Required. All Photographs & Recipes are built-in to the app
? 50% off the original $1.99 price. Over 100 Recipes for less than a penny each.
Check out the iTunes reviews...
????? - I've bought almost all cooking applications from the apps store just to get a really good one, this one has the cleanest and most user friendly interface, very well put together?
????? - ?My all time Favorite App.. Awesome app! A must have for all the lovers of food out there!?
????? - ?Awesome Love the site!!! Great for people just starting to cook or just need new ideas?
????? - ?Great Interface and food! I love the categories and overall simplicity of this app?
????? - ?Thank you! Great app! Easy Recipes with great pictures and instructions."
????? - ?All I have to say is... Awesome, amazing and a must have."
????? - ?Great This is awesome. Must have very user friendly and user recipes"
????? - ?Great app I love this app... I'm really glad they added more recipes.."
FULL SCREEN PHOTOS!
Easy Recipes is the only iPhone application with large, studio quality, full screen pictures of EVERY food and drink recipe. All photos are stored locally on the iPhone, no internet connection is required. Included are detailed step-by-step descriptions for each recipe and a separate ingredients list to make shopping a breeze. Enjoy one-touch access to Starters, Sides, Potpourri, Beef & Pork, Chicken, Seafood, Desserts and more.
Easy Recipes utilizes great iPhone features including searching by drink name or ingredient, as well as the ability to scroll through the entire drink database or by each food category with ?mini pics? to help you choose the perfect meal.
Discover fantastic new breakfast lunch and dinner ideas. Easy Recipes also includes a generous selection of cocktails and mocktails (alcohol-free cocktails).
Let Easy Recipes? ?Whisk? mode choose a random item from the entire database, complete with a collection of studio quality cooking sound effects. Perfect for preparing a gourment meal for yourself, friends or for an entire group. Impress your friends and family!
© 2008-2009 Pocket Cocktails Inc.
4.5 stars out of 5 from over 2600 ratings and over 700 reviews in iTunes! LDS Scriptures App from ReadScriptures.com is the highest rated and most reviewed of any Scriptures app! Thanks everyone for making this the most favorite, most recommended, and best LDS Scriptures app!
Version 2.0 Coming in late September! Includes word/phrase highlighting and much more! Free Update!
Satisfaction Guaranteed! If you don't like the app, we'll refund your purchase via PayPal!
New Features! Add your own content and books to your device with "My Content". Create an account from the app and log in to ShareScriptures.com to learn how! Upload your own Yanceyware books, or download from 100s of available Yanceyware titles!
Improve your daily scripture study with the LDS Scriptures App from ReadScriptures.com with the most content and best interface! You will love having all the content and features that this Scriptures app offers!
Content includes the LDS Standard Works plus tons of other content you use on Sunday and throughout the week, like the Hymns, Teachings of Joseph Smith manual (with page numbers!), Gospel Doctrine Study Guide, and General Conference talks.
- Automatic Backups!
- My Content - add your own!
- Yanceyware book support - upload or download from 100s of titles!
- Highlighting - (multiple colors! phrase highlighting coming soon! free update!)
- Quick Verse Jump
- Footnotes, Cross-References
- Night Reading Mode
- Landscape mode
- Variable Font Size
- Best interface, best support, most updates, most content, highest rated, most reviewed, and most liked by users of any other Scripture apps!
- Old and New Testament
- Book of Mormon
- Doctrine and Covenants
- Pearl of Great Price
- Joseph Smith Translation
- Teachings of Joseph Smith (RS/Priesthood manual) with page numbers!
- Bible Dictionary, Topical Guide, Guide to the Scriptures, and Index
- Hymns (text)
- Children's Song Book (text)
- Gospel Principles
- Preach My Gospel
- D&C and Church History Student & Teacher?s Manual
- Our Heritage
- Aaronic Priesthood Manuals
- YW Manuals
- Marriage & Family Relations Manuals
- Temple Prep Manual
- Scripture Mastery
- Book of Mormon Student & Teacher?s Manual
- General Conference Talks (includes April 2009!)
- True to the Faith
- Quotes from General Authorities on 100+ topics
- Lectures on Faith
- The Family Proclamation
- The Living Christ
- For the Strength of Youth
- US Constitution
- 100s of Yanceyware titles available too!
What users are saying about this app:
?The Best Scripture App! I actually downloaded 3 different scripture apps to try them out and this is the one I keep coming back to.? - Clemson Donnatucci
?Best scripture app by far!!!!!? - Baldkid
?The Best! This is by far the best LDS Scriptures app out there. I did lots of research before buying this and have been extremely happy about my choice.? - nateban
"I got the free scripture app and it was...ok, and then I just broke down and paid for this one. It is 1000 times better than the free app and worth every penny..." - H. Rodas
"This app is worth every penny!" - Freezerbox
"Great program. Best of the scripture bunch. I love having teachings of Joseph Smith on my phone so I don't have to cart the manual to church. I recommend this app to all iPhone users." - DWhit4578
Content is copyright Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
© 2009 Inblosam LLC
iLibrary ( 45 text + 41 audio books) integrates classic books with a powerful audio player/download-manager.
It is an advanced multimedia book reader with text-audio synchronization! Plus bedtime story controller !!
It brings iTouch/iPhone users comfortable reading experiences with extremely easy operations:
- Open the first chapter of a book; touch the "audio" to show audio window.
- Click "download all chapters" to start download.
- After about 10 seconds, touch "play" to listen to audio, and the text scrolls automatically at the natural reading speed.
- It continues to the next chapter. It is so easy that you may continue to read/listen through the whole book WITHOUT a single touch!!
Our research shows that high quality audio greatly helps users read through books, especially on mobile devices. While listening to audio play, users may read the text as needed, without consistently looking at the screen.
-Many people are paying US$400+ for a "text+audio ebook reader" device. Now you have it in iLibrary. Thank Apple for the wonderful platform, which saves you hundreds of dollars!!!
- It can cost US$500+ to buy the same titles from other audio book stores. Now you have it in iLibrary. Free on-demand download of high quality audio books from Librivox.
- Support horizontal(landscape) text reader.
- Change text color and font size.
- Options to download a chapter or an entire audio book.
- Options to delete a chapter or an entire audio book to save disk space.
- Background download while reading, with status bar.
- Bookmark on exit for each book, and restore on restart.
- Children friendly. The bedtime controller gradually lowers the volume to put users into sleep.
- Toddler friendly. Helps users improve speech fluency.
- Screen-lock to save battery and avoid random touches on screen.
- Include the most popular audio books: The Art of War, Pride & Prejudice, etc.
iPod Touch users must be on Wi-Fi to download audio books.
And after the audio is downloaded and saved, you can listen to it offline, without wireless network.
iPhone users can download the audio at any time.
It takes about 5 seconds to download a chapter, and about a couple of minutes to download a whole audio book.
The list of books included (45 text + 41 audio books):
1. TREASURE ISLAND
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND
4. SEX - Avoided Subjects
6. Fairy Tales by Grimms
7. JANE EYRE
9. The Art of War
10. Think and Grow Rich
11. THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES
12. EMMA - Volume I
13. EMMA - Volume II
14. EMMA - Volume III
15. THE MYSTERY OF CLOOMBER
17. The Importance of Being Earnest
18. Sense and Sensibility
19. THE CALL OF THE WILD
20. 20000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA -- I
21. 20000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA - II
22. Andersen's Fairy Tales
23. The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain
24. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
25. The Return of Sherlock Holmes
26. The Adventure of the Devil's Foot
27. The Adventure of the Dying Detective
28. The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax
29. Robinson Crusoe
30. The Time Machine
31. Lady Susan
32. Love and Friendship
33. Mansfield Park
35. Northanger Abbey
36. Wuthering Heights
37. A Little Princess
38. THE SECRET GARDEN
39. Through the Looking-Glass
40. Heart of Darkness
41. A Room with a View
42. The Machine Stops
43. Howards End
44. WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD
45. A Child's Garden of Verses
Note: Four books have only text:
Think And grow rich, The MYSTERY OF CLOOMBER, The Adventure of the Devil's Foot,The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax.
Many books will be added with free update. Send us your feedback for improvement.
Let's make iLibrary the most used application after download!
Enjoy the books and bedtime stories!
© 2009 ivmob.com
? The #1 Dog Tricks app on iTunes!
-"This app contains lots of good information from which even devoted dog owners can learn" - 8/10 AppCraver
-"very cool new App" - Chris Pirillo, CNN.com contributor
-Works on both iPhone and iPod Touch
????? - "Get this app! ... overall it is just great!" - USA
????? - "Excellent - It comes with a lot of information about training techniques... It is worth the money" - USA
????? - "Awesome!!! - This app is great" - Canada
????? - "Dog Tricks rocks - The graphics are amazing, cool design and so user friendly" - Canada
2 apps in 1!
Dog Trick books can cost $20 or more and can't fit in your pocket. Bark Machine & Dog Tricks is your ultimate portable Dog Trick training tutorial (say that 3 times fast!) with nearly 200 pictures and step-by-step instructions.
All Photos and instructional text in Bark Machine were sourced from the popular dog training books: Maran Illustrated Dog Training & Maran Illustrated Puppies. These books were supervised by certified dog trainers that were members of the highly respected American Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT).
Bark Machine includes a variety of amazing sounds designed to captivate you and your dog. Bark Machine is fully integrated with the Dog Tricks so that you can play any of these sounds while teaching your dog any of the tips or tricks in this app. Choose from Woof, Meow, Doorbell, Fire Truck, Clicker, Squeaky Toy, Door Knock or a high frequency Dog Whistle
Dog Tricks includes Basic commands I & II, Games, Tricks to Impress, Tips on behavior issues, and a separate category just for Puppies! Also included is a section on popular dog breeds and a great "Photos" section which showcases colorful dogs and captions that will brighten your day. Impress your friends and family and spend better quality time with your favorite pet.
- Nearly 200 pictures
- Step by step instructions
- Spectacular Random mode
- Fully searchable text
- Free updates
- All pictures are built-in to the app, no internet connection required
More info and screenshots at http://www.barkmachine.com/index3.html
Note: First generation iPod Touches do not have built-in speakers. Bark Machine will work on these devices but will not play any of the sounds out loud. (It is possible to purchase separate portable speakers that can attach to the headphone jack)
© 2009 Pocket Cocktails Inc.
** Don't forget to also check out our "A Twilight Trivia - New Moon (Book 2) and Eclipse (Book 3)" - just released.
** NOTE - Hot Potato is not affiliated with Stephenie Meyer or Little, Brown and Company.
Now that you've read the book (Book 1) and watched the movie, it's time to test your skills on a little trivia quiz on the book you love; Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
Try to see if you can get a perfect score....
You know you'll want to compare scores with your friends and you can do so right from the app by emailing them your scores!!
- Fun Trivia questions from the popular book "Twilight" (book 1)and the movie "Twilight".
- Multiple player mode
- Timer mode (for those who can beat the clock!)
Brought to you by Hot Potato, the makers of popular iPhone Trivia apps.
- Glam Rock Trivia
- Bar Trivia
- Elementary School Trivia
- General Trivia
- Christmas Trivia
- Fake Caller (fun phone prank app)
- Awesome iHeadlines - Fun Fake Headlines Generator
- A Twilight Trivia - New Moon (book 2)
- iHum Nation - A Music humming game
** NOTE - Hot Potato is not affiliated with Stephenie Meyer or Little, Brown and Company.
© 2008 Trabish
The New King James Version of the Bible captures the accuracy and beauty of the traditional King James Version in language that is contemporary and easy to read.
Explore the NKJV translation with BibleReader, a full-featured application for reading and Bible study. 3-touch Verse Chooser takes you to the exact Bible verse you're searching for. Continuous Scrolling means uninterrupted reading?no buttons to press at the end of the chapter. Word Search offers quick results, hyperlinked for one-touch navigation. Bibles and other works are stored on the device, so you don't need a continuous Internet connection.
© Olive Tree Bible Software, Inc
Stay up to date on everything that is happening in the Twilight series! See photos and read articles about your favorite characters!
Read information regarding the upcoming movies and see how the cast is reacting to it all. If you love or even like Twilight, then this is the best app you could ever download!
© Chad Rivoli